Fall is one of my favorite times of the year: football games, pumpkin spice coffee, cooler weather in Jacksonville, and fun dates with my hubby. It’s easy for life to get so busy, one of the things I’ve noticed is that couples often make excuses for not prioritizing dates (I’ve been guilty of this at times, too). However, researchers have found that couples who make an effort to “date” stay more connected emotionally. Dates do not have to be costly or only at night. Finding less expensive, free, or day-dates can be fun and interesting too. For those of you living near the Jacksonville, Florida area, here are some local fun Fall date ideas.
Here Are Some Jacksonville Fall Date Ideas:
- Corn maze & pumpkin patch: Located at the Amazing Grace Family Farms, this is a great spot to have fun with your spouse. Spend time in the corn maze and see if you can find your way out! It’s also a great place to bring your kids (but not while you’re on your date)!
- Fall beer brewery tour: Located in Jacksonville, Veteran’s United Craft Brewery or Intuition Ale Works can be tasty spots to try out a seasonal beverage.
- Taste test seasonal food: Do your own taste-test of local pumpkin spiced lattes and pumpkin spiced donuts. Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts are great go-tos, but check out local bakeries in your area, like this one, for more variety.
- Haunted house or ghost tour: Do you and your spouse prefer more of a thrill? If you aren’t afraid of getting spooked, be sure to try a local haunted house or the ghost tours of St. Augustine.
Some Other Fun Date Ideas Include:
- Gift card date: most of us have gift cards laying around. Pick one and go to that place. Set your spending limit by what is on the card.
- Naked movie night: (at home, of course!) Choose a movie you’ve already seen and watch it on a channel that has lots of commercials. You get the idea!
- Cook at home together and eat your dinner in a different place than usual. Dinner outside on the porch, or on a picnic blanket on the back lawn can offer a different and fun experience.
- Take a class together: Try cooking, art, shooting, or something else exciting. Whatever you do, do it with connection in mind. Keep things light and fun. Be creative and if your partner comes up with something you don’t think you’ll like, try it anyway. Be adventurous and accepting. Most importantly, HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
For more date night ideas, I would also encourage you to check out the book by my friends, Dave & Claudia Arp: 10 Great Dates to Energize Your Marriage.
Here’s to more fabulous, fun, and connecting dates with your spouse!